Today, YouTube is among the most visited websites in the world, with eight of the richest YouTubers making over $256 million combined through their video channels. Here you can find out how to create a YouTube channel.
Being either an aspiring entertainer, a YouTuber like the 54 million grossing Mr. Beast, or an entrepreneur who wants to promote his business, to create a YouTube channel is a game changer.
Before we move into practical details, let’s look at some statistics that should definitely persuade you to create a youtube channel for your brand or business:
Undecided? Check the statistics
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine, after Google search
2,5 billion people use YouTube worldwide
Each day over 1 billion hours of video are being consumed
Channels earning six figures have increased by 50% year on year
62% of businesses are using a YouTube Channel in 2023 to post content
What puts YouTube at the center of attention for different businesses is its global reach. The mere fact that your channel can be seen by the millions of people, giving your product a global promotion, should be enough of a stimulus to start it.
Also, if you are a small business owner, having your channel will put you ahead of the competition.
A step-by-step guide on how to create a YouTube channel
So here we go. These are a few simple steps you’ll have to make to get your channel up and running.
- Sign in on the YouTube website. The sign in button is in the top right corner of the page.
- You will be redirected to Google account sign in page. Choose the account you want your YouTube channel to be associated with. (If you don’t have it, choose the option to create one.)
- After signing in, click on your profile icon and go to YouTube Settings
- In Settings you will see an option "Create your channel". Click on it.
- You will be given an option to create a personal or business channel. Choose the option, pick a category (Product or Brand, Company Institution or Organization, Arts, Entertainment or Sports, Other) and click done.
Congrats! You’ve just created your first YouTube channel! Simple, right?
You should also pay attention to the look of your channel, because a bad design can be as catastrophic as a bad video.
You can check our previous post on corporate design basics, which gives you some tips on how to make your brand and channel more visually consistent, or read our next post where we explain how to customize your channel.
How to create a YouTube channel to reach a worldwide audience
If you are starting a business you should definitely consider to create a YouTube channel.
As statistics show, more and more people are turning towards video content, and you want to make a space in this busy video world for your brand as well.
Starting a channel is quite easy and it doesn't take a lot of time if you follow the steps we described above.
To conclude, some more statistics you should be aware of: the first ten seconds of your video are crucial as 20% of the people who start your video will leave after this time.
So to create a channel is only the first step. Make sure to publish consistently great content and add a professional looking video intro to your videos.
Featured image via Esther Vargas@flickr.
Thank you for reading this article!
Back to Introbrand